FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT ARE THE COURSE FEES?
All costs are covered by voluntary donations (Dana). Anyone will have the opportunity to make a contribution support the center and the spread of the Dhamma.
IS THIS COURSE SUITABLE FOR ME?
This Vipassana method is suitable for beginners who are coming into contact with Buddhism for the first time, as well as for advanced practitioners who want to deepen their experience.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO BRING?
- Comfortable clothing, if possible in white and not too low-cut.
- An alarm clock or timer (not a cell phone).
- If necessary, your own seat cushion. But there are also pillows available.
DO I HAVE TO BE A BUDDHIST?
No religious affiliation is required to attend a course. Anyone, religious or non-religious, can participate. However, it is expected that everyone adhere to the basic rules of conduct. During a course these are:
- Not to kill; or not to harm any living being
- Not to steal; or take anything that has not been given to you
- To abstain from any sexual contact
- Not to lie; to refrain from any further unnecessary talk (noble silence)
- Not to take intoxicants; i.e. drugs, alcohol
- Eat only during the right time
- Do not distract yourself unnecessarily; with media consumption, games, dancing, singing, jewelery or cosmetics
- Not to sleep on luxurious beds and chairs.
In order to internalize this again, a small Buddhist ceremony takes place at the beginning of the course.